Life raft

Use this area to discuss general matters and issues relating to the Nicholson 31.
ran
Crew Member

Life raft

Postby ran » 25 Aug 2018, 22:49

I know I read it here sometime ago but forgot to take note. :confused: I believe there's a life raft that can be purchased in the UK that fits the astern compartment.
Can somebody remind me of the make of the life raft and the dealer who stocks it
Thanks
Tino (Ran)

Mitch
Crew Member

Re: Life raft

Postby Mitch » 11 Sep 2018, 14:56

I put the request out on the Facebook page as well, answer from Circe in the US is below, original on FB has a link. I'll keep asking and check ny own life raft soon - I think its a Seago but can't be sure at the moment.

Mitch

I had a 4 person Avon Offshore raft that fit nicely in the liferaft compartment. When it finally failed an inspection, I had trouble finding a new one that fit. I ordered a 4 person Offshore raft from Winslow Liferafts in the US that was much lighter in weight than the old Avon and could be packed at the factory to fit in the liferaft compartment. http://winslowliferaft.com
Manage

WINSLOWLIFERAFT.COM
Home | Winslow Life Raft Company

Mitch
Crew Member

Postby Mitch » 19 Sep 2018, 20:04

Tino,

I've checked Seal Morning and the liferaft we have is a Seago Offshore Type Raft G4, which is a 4 person raft that was given a PBO best Buy in 2014.
Haven't used it yet............

ran
Crew Member

Postby ran » 24 Feb 2019, 07:40

Thanks everyone. Yes, I think I will go for the Seago 4 person one. Cheers