anode

Use this area to discuss general matters and issues relating to the Nicholson 31.
draken

anode

Postby draken » 15 May 2014, 22:18

hi can anyone confirm whare to purchase the large anode for the nic 31 thanks or if anyone has a code etc i am just a new member not sure what im doing so hope someone gets this cheers from mike

scendor

anode

Postby scendor » 16 May 2014, 09:48

Hi Mike

It's a 15 inch zinc strip anode made by MGDuff, code ZD42152H. They are expensive - about £90 each. The alternative would be to glass in the slot and fit a conventional pear-shaped anode.

See:
http://www.mgduff.co.uk/mgduff-product-catalog/Zinc+Anodes/Zinc+Strip+Anode/ZD42152H.html

dubhe
Crew Member

Anode

Postby dubhe » 16 May 2014, 10:00

Mike,

Here's another supplier:

http://www.zincsmart.com/index.htm

Click on the link 'Nicholson strip anode'. The one you need is the R15D at £52.20 (incl VAT) plus P&P. I fitted one this year; although, I bought it several years ago when I worked in Canterbury.

draken

nic 31 masts

Postby draken » 16 May 2014, 16:27

hi there my insurance have asked which make of mast does the boat have but i cant see anything i know the boom is a kemp couid the mast be the same does anyone no cheers from mike

draken

Postby draken » 17 May 2014, 20:04

thanks for the help great stuff anode on its way cheers from mike

duloe

Anode

Postby duloe » 29 May 2014, 22:30

I can also vouch for Zincsmart {also known as Lathams} much cheaper than the Mcduff item & the guy who ran the shop in Canterbury let me take the anode on the promise I sent a cheque as soon as I got home {his card machine had packed up & I didn't have cash} he also recommend an anode I could piggyback to the Nich item {I have Ultrasonic antifouling system fitted to Duloe} this saves me lifting every year just to change the anode & he also supplied a kit to fit to the Mcduff item that was wrongly sent by another company so that I could hang it over the side of the boat as an extra safeguard when I leave the boat in a marina for any length of time.
Regards to you all from Rob

SailingCirce

Re: anode

Postby SailingCirce » 15 Sep 2016, 02:31

Does anyone know if the threaded studs for attaching the hull anode are glassed into the hull with threaded ends both on the inside and outside in the recess where the anode fits? I may need to replace one of them while the boat is out of the water and am trying to determine exactly what I may need to do. Quick responses will be appreciated.

Thanks
Harrison
S/V Circe